Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Deviled Eggs with Beets

I came across a photo the other day of deviled eggs that were topped with beets and I thought well, if this tastes good it would make a great appetizer for dinner parties and get-togethers. With that in mind, I knew I had to try it out.

I made my version of deviled eggs by mixing the cooked egg yolks with horseradish dijon mayonnaise, finely chopped onion and diced pickles (in this case I used a brand called Wickles, they are an excellent spicy pickle, my favorite!!!).

I filled the cooked egg white halves with a spoonful of the yolk mixture and topped each deviled egg with diced cooked beets.

As weird as this dish sounds, it was pretty good. In fact, I do not like deviled eggs at all, however I could definitely see myself making these again for my next dinner gathering! (In fact, Dylan was lucky that I even shared any with her because I liked them so much!)

No comments:

Post a Comment